Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another Retreat...More Healing Underway

This weekend was, in a word, powerful! It never ceases to amaze me the power of the Holy Spirit at work in people's lives. Amazing. Truly. What a gift God has given us to experience healing on a level far beyond anything we could do on our own.

Rachel's Vineyard is more than healing after abortion...it's healing after LIFE. What do I mean by that? Simple. Many of us experience the harder realities of life and in experiencing them in a certain way, we are often pulled away from God. As a result, we make choices that only further interrupt our relationship with God and therefore, begin to feel alienated from Him or even unworthy. It's a vicious cycle and one that must be put to an end.

Abortion is a symptom...it's something that comes along after we've made some other bad decisions already...after we've been desensitized to what it is...or even, after we have become so paralyzed with fear that we feel lost and incapable of making any decisions on our own. The impact it will have on our lives is incomprehensible at that time. Abortion is something we don't realize will only compound what we've already experienced in LIFE to that point and not for the better.

The retreat weekend offers a safe and intimate place to walk through those things with other people who have been there, too. With people who are not there to judge you or what you've done...they're there to walk with you and help you get back on track. Or, if you've never been on track, they're there to provide support as you embark upon the path that is right for you. It's a spiritual and loving place.

The goal of the retreat is to help men/women affected by abortion to find healing or at the very least, begin the healing process. This weekend, I saw 5 very different women come together in Christ and heal from years of pain and suffering before and after their abortions. I saw tears of sadness as well as of joy. I saw women who came in without hope leave with a true sense of self worth in their hearts because they were finally released from the weight of their pain. I saw women take stock of the fact that there were others out there who could understand them and listen lovingly and without judgment. I remember realizing that for myself during my retreat, and the freedom it gave me.

This program is beyond words. Not only have I experienced it in my own healing, but now I've had the honor of watching it help to heal the lives of other people, as well. I was witness to emotional breakthroughs that ONLY God could have brought about. I was part of a group of people who all, equally, extended the hand of compassion and love to each woman, unconditionally. Do you have any idea the power that holds for a person suffering from this kind of pain? To know that someone CAN love you...someone who KNOWS your darkest secrets and can still look at you with the love of Christ in their eyes? It's beyond description, honestly.

I praise God for His goodness and guidance. None of us could have been able to do this without His constant presence. In addition to being able to assist in the healing process of these women, I was again struck with my own healing being furthered. This was the first time I was able to take on this ministry WITHOUT Bill right at my side. It was the first time I had strength enough to walk with God in this ministry and not have my husband having to help keep me emotionally strong. Finally...I followed my own words and trusted, completely, in The Lord. Wow...when I realized how strong God had allowed me to become, I was intensely moved. God works on us always...even when we do not realize it. And, if we truly TRUST IN HIM, there is NOTHING we cannot accomplish!

Please continue to pray for the constant healing of these women. They have begun a journey that will encounter some ups and downs, still yet. However, with the power of prayer, God's light in their lives and the support of all those around them, they will undoubtedly come out of this experience stronger and more capable of releasing their pain, permanently! AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment