Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Made a Decision...

So, I made a decision today. It just seemed the right thing and although some people may not understand it, I thought it imperative. I felt compelled, actually. Which, leads me to believe that the Holy Spirit is asking me to do this and that it was the right thing to do. Albeit uncomfortable.

On my Facebook status, I began a message decrying abortion. As I was writing it, I decided to make it personal...I stated that I regretted my abortion. Wow! Really? Did I just do that? Yep. It's out there now. For all the Facebook universe to see...those who know of it already will not be surprised, I'm sure. Those who don't know...well, I'm curious to see their reactions to it.

I feel so moved by my own experience to try to help others avoid the horror of abortion. I understand all the fears that go into making that decision. It's terrible. It makes you sick and you basically turn it into an out-of-body experience in order to deal with the reality of what's happening to you. It's a choice that you're making, but you go numb. What my body went through...mentally, physically and emotionally is beyond an accurate description. Of all the dumb things I've done in my life, that is the only one I would change if I could. Everything else, I chalk it up to a learning curve...something that I had to go through. However, an abortion is definitely not something I "needed" to go through at all...but it's something that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Now, I spend my time trying to help others. Whether it is to heal from having gone through it themselves...or...to try to assist them in making a decision that won't be carried with them throughout their life with such pain and agony. Women and men who have dealt with abortion all need our compassion. I say this because it was the compassionate care I received that finally got me through it...that finally gave me my voice back...that finally healed me. Therefore, I extend that same love and true friendship to anyone else who needs it. We have to focus on prevention, but for those who are suffering, we must first focus on healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment