Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2009

Why Start this Blog?

I had the idea to begin this blog when I was thinking about my Rachel's Vineyard experience two (2) years ago this past week. I am a post-abortive woman who struggled for years with many issues related to my abortion. Some, I didn't realize were connected and some I did.

After 17 years, I finally decided to get help. With my husband at my side, I attended a weekend retreat that literally changed my life. It was the final step in a long journey of much sought after healing. Since that retreat, I am no longer ashamed to admit to my abortion and I strive to help others through their pain.

My hope is that this blog will assist someone on their journey. Whether that leads them to get help or aides them in their own continued healing doesn't matter. What matters is that we, men and women, find a place to support one another through the trauma of abortion.
We've suffered. Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment